hey! i'm miken and this is my blog to show what i've been doing lately as far as creating, homemaking, etc. this blog may be feast or famine with regards to posting so follow to make sure you don't miss anything!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

no changes allowed

There are a few things I don't necessarily love about my apartment:
  1. Not being able to paint
  2. Cabinets/doors are cruddy wood
  3. No real pantry
  4. Red paint splashed on random places (my sink, my kitchen floor, the dishwasher, my patio)
  5. Light fixtures
  6. Not being able to change any of these things that bother me!
I want to turn THIS... (yikes!)
Into THIS!
Someday, far away... when I have a house I will be able to make this awesome yarn light! You can find the DIY instructions at ApartmentTherapy.com. For now, I will just look at the picture and want it and not have it. Such is life!

:( Woes of not being able to change your apartment!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I LOVE that fixture. I'm going to apartmenttherapy right now...

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Girl I totally feel for ya I am in the same boat! Its like all the stuff I make can't mask the hideousness that is living in an apartment!

Check out my awesome GIVEAWAY

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

Amanda said...

You can change light fixtures! Most are easy to take down. Just make sure your fabulous ones have similar installation and the base size is about the same. Keep the old ones to put back up before you move and take the fabulous ones with you :)

Now the other stuff like paint and cabitnets... not so easy. Totally feel for ya on that! :(

Kerstin said...

remember how youre moving? to H with those necessary changes. hopefully your new place wont need so many!