hey! i'm miken and this is my blog to show what i've been doing lately as far as creating, homemaking, etc. this blog may be feast or famine with regards to posting so follow to make sure you don't miss anything!

Friday, March 5, 2010

desk: before and after

Remember this scenario? Pitiful! And yes, it's been like this since we moved in. Well NO LONGER! For Valentine's day Eddy got me a table and chair from Ikea to be my desk. I was excited to finally have somewhere to sit instead of sitting on my bed with the laptop and having it cause me neck and back pain! So here is the transformation.

Before:The Transformation:
The Wooden Chair

Painting process.
(Pretty much just made my sister Kerstin do it all...)

Kelly helped too

I hate waiting for paint to dry. Hurry UP!

Tired Pup.
After:
My new desk!
Slapping a coat of paint on wood sometimes makes all the difference. I love it. Thanks Eddy!

7 comments:

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

Good job Miken!!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

this turned out so great! i love it miken! you are so stinking crafty, can we please craft together!

~Morgan

http://meetvirginiaandroo.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeetVirginiaShop

Jillian said...

I love it! it fits perf in that little space. it is so so cute, now please come fix up my place.

Kerstin said...

Don't stop your craft blog. I realize i have not been a faithful "follower" but i just keep forgetting! not anymore. so really, i do want to look at it so keep doing it. plus, you enjoy it so what else matters? you will have it to look back at all the cool projects you've done. stop being a wiener. love ya! haha

Kerstin said...

ps remember how i had to take a nap? yep its cuz i was PREG but didnt know it. oh ya and how i ate all my soup from bun basket AND 3 things of breadsticks. wowzers. shoulda seen the signs. kbye.

pss. lets do my chair soon.

Miken said...

EATIN FOR 2! hahah. yes - chairs next weekend!

Kelly said...

it did turn out really cute mike! are you still going to paint something purple!?