hey! i'm miken and this is my blog to show what i've been doing lately as far as creating, homemaking, etc. this blog may be feast or famine with regards to posting so follow to make sure you don't miss anything!

Friday, March 19, 2010

death of a house

Diamond in the rough? Or point of no return?

I pass this building almost every day cause it's on the same street as my work just about a block away. It's on the East side of downtown Salt Lake. My question to the owners:

How could you let such a magnificent house turn to shambles?!

(at least they have dish satellite right? ugh!)

All I know is that if I had this house... I would be in heaven. I would LOVE to fix this house up and call it mine. Just look at all the awesome windows and architecture! Obviously it would take more than a few (thousand) dollars at this point and judging from the disarray of the outside of the mansion it's probably even WORSE on the inside. I don't think I'll ever let myself get over it.

Here is my office a block away. Granted this picture was taken in the summer so the outdoors looks pretty nice, the building is basically in pristine condition and I found a brochure for it... worth about 1.5 mill. I wonder how much the other one is worth... i shudder to think.

It kills me to see such awesome amazing places/items in the hands of people who trash them. Let someone who will take care of and appreciate the beautiful house have it and you go move into a dirty little shack where you belong... that is what I want to say to the owners of the house. I can be dramatic.

3 comments:

Magoo said...

I love old houses. Jayson and my first house was a cute little old farmhouse. We fixed it up and sold it, and I cried.

PS - I would love to come do a party about food storag for your family sometime:)

Kelly said...

That house stresses me! Ive passed this place so many times and wonder the same things. It would prob could be worth a ton of money if they renovated it!

Cherise said...

Hey Miken! I just found this blog link from fb. I, too, love old houses. I always ask Chad if we can build an "old house." I think he thinks I am crazy. My favorite, though, is down here in Provo on Center Street and (I think) 400 East. It's huge, but currently student housing. You'll have to check it out next time you're down here.