hey! i'm miken and this is my blog to show what i've been doing lately as far as creating, homemaking, etc. this blog may be feast or famine with regards to posting so follow to make sure you don't miss anything!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

diy tree branch jewelry holder

Inspiration: ApartmentTherapy.com


Making Of:
I used a power drill to put a big enough hole for the branch to sit in. I'm pretty tough. I know.

Random dead tree branch I snatched from a tree at my work. The sturdier/thicker the branch the more jewelry you can hold on it.
I painted this with leftover paint I had from painting my chair from this project. Spray paint might have been a lot easier but I'm a big fan of using what I already have!
And here's mine:
Ta-da!
My cute little easter bunny wind-up toy...
Going through my drawer stuffed with jewelry I found tons of jewelry I haven't worn or even thought of in ages. Obviously it was necessary to put most of it on... Jewelry from the past really brings back the memories!! Now I just need to find an excuse to wear my ninja turtles watches (yes, plural) again... hmm.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love jewelry too! Pretty sure that would break in an instant in my house, but it sure looks darling with all your jewelry! I heart free projects!!!
-Nicole K

Jillian said...

I LOVE it! And I definitely need to have this picture of you with all your jewelry on. it's classic.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! Looks great!
I am also impressed that you've kept all that jewelry you have on in the picture. CLASSICS.

Amanda said...

so cute! I love this. It's the best when you can turn something free into something fabulous ;) gotta love nature.

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

LOVE this! You are amazing I am so glad you didn't close up shop I would be so so so sad!

~Morgan

http://meetvirginiaandroo.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeetVirginiaShop

Kelly said...

thats cute mike! i was actually thinking of a jewelry holder for my long necklaces this will be perf!

jenn + michael said...

Wow! That looks awesome! Good call on making it!

Nicole and Garrett said...

ooh, that is beautiful! I really really like that.

Meg said...

Yes!!! Love, love, love!

Madelyn said...

This is soo cute! I love it!

Aubrey Anne said...

OK, your cute little house just makes me mad. LOL This blog is amazing.