hey! i'm miken and this is my blog to show what i've been doing lately as far as creating, homemaking, etc. this blog may be feast or famine with regards to posting so follow to make sure you don't miss anything!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

dry clean your wedding dress

Some of you, like me, might want to keep your dress so that maybe someday one of your children or grandchildren in a future generation might want to wear it. Call me sentimental! After wearing it only on a couple occasions it tends to get dirty - on the bottom from dragging on the ground, cake getting on it, etc.

I searched and searched for a good price to get my dress dry cleaned.

Bottom line: IT IS EXPENSIVE!

I just want to let you know the great deal I got! Most places charge around $130 just for the cleaning with additional cost depending on how intricate and detailed your dress is (lace, beads, etc.) from there you can choose to get it in a protective box that keeps it safe from oxidation (yellowing) which costs around another $35.

I called several places and by far the best deal was at Country Cleaners! I paid $75 total for my dress (covered in lace and beads) to be cleaned and put in a special wedding dress box!! Country Cleaners only charges $40 if you want to get the dress cleaned only with no box. Some specific Country Cleaners stores won't do wedding dresses so just call ahead to make sure they will. I took mine to the one in Bountiful and it turned out absolutely GREAT!

(Note: I got married last August and just barely had this done - so don't worry about it being too long since you got married!)

Save money & save your wedding dress! ♥

5 comments:

C and C said...

This is awesome!!! Thanks for the doing the research. My dress is currently in my closet covered in dirt from almost a year ago.. but it was so expensive to get it cleaned after my bridals that I was just like, "Whatever!!" But now that I know there is a place that's decently charging to clean it AND to preserve AND that is in Bountiful... well Miken, you just made my day.

D and N said...

Hey thanks for sharing the info...Mine is still not dry cleaned and it's been..um, 3 years! I'm def going to look into that!
-Nicole

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Totally have to do this!! Thanks for the great tip!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Anonymous said...

Love the post! Thanks for finding the place :)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of making headbands. Ever tried?!