hey! i'm miken and this is my blog to show what i've been doing lately as far as creating, homemaking, etc. this blog may be feast or famine with regards to posting so follow to make sure you don't miss anything!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

fabric initials

Inspiration: my parent's neighbor joy.
Here's mine:
the making of...
frames from the D.I.

m cut out and ironed on with pelon
time to start sewing!
done with the m
I love this fabric

done with both...
finished project with the & symbol added

What you need:
basics (needle, thread, fabric scissors)
iron/ironing board
frames
fabric
pelon iron-on fabric adhesive
wooden & symbol (try Robert's - Michael's and Joann's don't have them)
paint (optional for & symbol)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Mike it turned out so cute. and yet again, hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours HAHA oh and ps i like your idea of having this as a separate blog!

Ashleigh said...

Geez...that was fast! Didn't you just tell me you were going to do this project a couple of days ago. I love it! I wish I could find some extra time to do some crafty stuff. Whannn....!!! I love your new blog too. Good idea!

Cara said...

Miken, you are so creative and talented! I wish, wish, wish I knew how to sew so I could make cute things like you do! You really have a gift for decorating!

. said...

I LOVE this. So so so cute! I'm so happy you made a craft blog. I'll become a follower asap! Thank you for the instructions on how to make these! I'll definitely have to try it! LOVE YOU!

Morgan said...

Hey Miken sorry you prob don't know me but we went to school together at davis! I just wanted to tell ya that I made these for my house but now my christmas tree is covering them up so I can't post pic's about how cute they turned out! Thanks so much for the ideas they are so way to cute!

Kerstin said...

remember how i have never looked at your craft blog so today i commented on every poatstd???